Monday, May 30, 2011

Make it Monday Challenge - Cracked Glass technique

I am participating in Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday challenge again this week.  This week's challenge is to use a crackle technique of coating an image with clear embossing powder and then cracking the glaze and using ink to highlight the cracks. All products are PTI unless specified.

I used Ranger alcohol inks on glossy paper to make the accent strip.  I coated it with UTEE clear embossing powder and then cracked it and highlighted the cracks with Plum Pudding ink.  I attached the strip to Vintage Cream cardstock and then stamped the sentiment from Think Big Favorites #4 in Dark Chocolate ink.  I finished it up with a ribbon and bow of Spring Moss satin ribbon.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love how you used the cracked glass technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice effect - looks like marble !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and the soft green ribbon it perfect for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very nice! It almost looks like a Japanese style painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant. I really like your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. I love those colors. ;)

    ReplyDelete