Sunday, August 3, 2008

Organization

Well, I thought I would upload some pictures showing some of the organization methods I use.

This first picture shows my 2 Napa Valley wooden cassette holders I bought on Ebay. They each are designed to hold 100 cassettes. They are perfect for storing ink pads.


I love this system. For the first time I can easily find and use my ink pads. Each stamp pad is in its own slot, so I can pull out just one and not have all the rest falling over.
The holder on the right holds all my Adirondack dye and pigment ink pads, Versafine, Staz-On, and Brilliance. All of these fit great.


The left holder stores nicely my VersaMagic chalk, ColorBox Pigment, Palette hybrid pads, and Versacolor Pigment.



On the bottom left you can see three Stampin' Up pads. These fit fine, but they stick out a bit further than the others. The other ones sticking out next to them are some Kaleidoscope multi-color pads.


I do have my Tim Holtz Distress Inks in the left one also, but they are a very tight fit-too tight actually. I need to find someplace else for them. The same with the Memories and Antiquities ink pads - just a bit too tight for comfort. I may just get rid of the Memories and Antiquities because I really don't use them anyway.

The Colorbox Chalk pads won't fit at all - they have very high tops. The Colorbox pigment fit just fine. And my Versamagic embossing pad is a bit tight also, but if I store it sideways (2 slots above the stampin' up pads) I can get it in and out easier and its OK.


I also found an inexpensive and efficient way of storing all of my Prismacolor pencils, Copic markers, paintbrushes, etc. I found they fit great in the little gift bags you find at Michael's for 79 cents. I like the white, but they have them in other colors. They're lightweight, cheap, space efficient, and easy to move around because of the handles. I have all of them stored in a wire basket, but can easily grab just one or two of the bags to bring to my desktop to work with.






Well, that's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. great idea on the marker/pencil storage! It would be so easy to just grab the bag you need and put it back when done. I may have to try this. tfs

    ReplyDelete